[Planner from https://www.eccololtd.com/]
CHILL THE F OUT
A lot of the reason why I had a bad time over the course of 2017 was because of a poor quality of mental health. The invasive thoughts get into my head, I start obsessing and the next thing I know I'm asleep all day and crying all night because it's all just too much and the uneven sleep pattern has got my cortisol levels running rampant. This has got to stop. I need to change my coping methods so I can have a more productive year and be a happier person for it.
HANG OUT MORE
During my slump, I fell out of contact with a number of my friends and in doing so felt even worse about myself. I now need to push myself to hang out with people more and get into the habit of reaching out, even if it's just for a cup of tea. If I'm not seeing one of my friends at least once a week, I'm not doing it right.
DRIVING LESSONS
Funnily enough, I already have a drivers license from my time in Asia and I am legally allowed to drive there for a few more years, but I need to get a UK license if I want to drive here. O and I have been hankering to take a little trip around the UK and it would make life so much easier if we could just hop in the car rather than have to slump heavy suitcases on the train. As much as I love public transport, I miss having the same freedom.
I am too old to be buying cheap trainers and wondering why they fall to bits after a couple weeks. I make my own money and I still have the sense I was born with so I shouldn't feel guilty when I see a new coat that I like during my time of need. I want to go to a fancy black hairdresser and have someone else work with this mane. I want to get my teeth whitened. This year I will invest more money in myself, not just materialistically, but spiritually as well. I can't begin to build my life beyond myself if I don't start from within and help to build my own character.
TREAT MY BODY LIKE A TEMPLE
That means drinking more than 1.5L everyday and not just when I feel guilty. Balancing my diet and not just eating 9 easy peelers in one sitting. Going to the gym more than once a week and not chickening out because it's a bit chilly outside. Exfoliate. Face masks. Hair masks etc. You get the deal...
What are your goals for 2018?

No comments