The Only Palette I Took on Holiday


Right now I am in Malaysia for a lovely, long family holiday and I for one couldn't wait a moment more. I'll be off to a beautiful place where the sky is always blue, there's luscious forestry to explore and the sun is always shining, so it only made sense to get hold of some makeup that mirrors the beautiful tapestry and I Heart Revolution's Mermaid Heart collection really captured that vibe.



Firstly, we have the I Heart Revolution Mermaid's Heart palette, a relatively new palette with a variety of blues, turquoises, golds, greens and bronzes. A total tropical vibe. With a total of 12 different shade, I can't wait to see if I can actually make magic with it. I'm not a makeup aficionado but I have several looks in mind that I can't wait to transform. 



In addition, I bought the Mermaid's Heart highlighter. I already own an I Heart Revolution highlighter (Goddess of Love) so this for me was a no-brainer. The Mermaid's Heart highlighter has five different glittery stripes: seafoam green, baby blue, dandelion yellow, gold and lilac.

As per usual, all of the items are super affordable, with the Mermaid's palette is 6.99 and the Mermaid's Heart highlighter costing 5.  I Heart Revolution has always had notoriously reasonable prices so I was happy to find out I could purchase such high quality beauty. Plus the packaging is lovely with a turquoise sheen and a scale print heart.

Knowing Makeup revolution, the colours are going to be quite vivid on my skin colour, but if they don't I use the Revolution Aqua Seal Liquid eye primer which I find helps make the colours pop. My only question is whether the products will be up to the task of surviving a whole day in the Malaysia humidity.


No comments