
One of my favourite blog posts to read are the 'insert season here' favourites. I, however, am a bit of a curmudgeon at times and can't help but cast a bit of side eye at the hailstones attacking my kitchen windows, even if I'm eating my weight in Christmas pudding at the same time
Winter Wonderland - The last time I went to Winter Wonderland, I stared into the eyes of death and decided that I was never going there again. There was a particular roller coaster there that I willingly got on thinking it would be amazing, but left me feeling as if I had lost one of my vital organs. There's a reason the word petite is in my blog name and when the roller coaster took its first turn, I managed to get to get myself wedged between the edge of the cart and the safety bar. I don't think I've ever looked to pale in my life and I don't think I ever will again.
In addition, I realised that after going to WW on double dates, both other couples I've visited with have split up during the same month, which yeah I understand it's got more to do with them but still...spooky.
Cold weather + wooden floors - In my beautiful two bed council flat, we have wooden floors. This is perfect because the basic student halls carpet were absolutely dire and wooden floors are perfect for flatlays and riding my Hello Kitty skateboard to the kitchen to make a cup of tea when I'm feeling lazy. However, when you live on the bottom floor at the end of the estate, your floor is prone to dropping to temperatures that can simply be seen as pure rude. Winter for me is a permanent game of 'the floor is lava' because there is no way in hell I'm putting my feet on the floor to lose my toes to frostbite.
Christmas Hatred - Every year around the holidays, there is a surge of what I like to call a special brand of 'Christmas hatred'. It's about that time when the internet is flooded with people getting upset with Starbucks for the design choices on their disposable cups. For a more recent example, think about the whole Kady McDermott Christmas light debacle. A woman who was known through her appearance on Love Island, but used her platform to raise money and awareness for brain tumour research was chosen to turn on the lights for her hometown but was then booted off due to people being petty about her reality tv past. Considering the whole idea of Christmas was stolen from a Pagan holiday, the whole leg to stand on that caused this ruckus was about as secure as a table leg made of toothpicks. The irony, that this holiday made for the birth of Jesus, a man who saw everyone as equal regardless of their past, that would have people out a woman who had a role on a reality show, is almost too stupid to fathom. It's that special brand of Christmas hatred that comes out every year and still manages to shock.
I am the only one who harbours a little 'bah humbug' under all my holiday cheer?

No comments